4000 Watch Hours In The Previous 12 Months – What If I Couldn’t Get It?
“Watch hours in the previous 12 months“, this phrase can be both a goal and a fear for every YouTuber when they start building their channels.
What Will Happen If I Can’t Reach 4000 Watch Hours In The Previous 12 Months?
According to the latest YouTube’s policy, there are 4 main requirements to apply for the YouTube Partner Program (YPP):
- You have 4000 watch hours in 12 months.
- Need more than 1000 subscribers.
- You have created videos that meet YouTube Partner Program policies.
- Have a Google Adsense account.
Therefore, if you cannot get 4000 watch hours in the previous 12 months, and at the same time have less than 1000 subscribers, you are not eligible enough to join the YouTube Partner Program. As a result, you haven’t reached the monetization review yet.
Just think in a simple way, YouTube doesn’t measure watch time years. Instead, YouTube measures watch hours your channel has within 365 days. So in short, you need 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months till today’s date.
Based on this information, you can understand why getting 4000 watch hours and 1000 subscribers in 12 months is essential. Actually, it doesn’t hard as you thought. 80% of old YouTubers are still earning watch from hours to hours pretty easily. Because they know how to use new tactics to develop their channels, not only making videos and uploading them.
How To Track My YouTube Channel Watch Time?
Many ways can help you check the watch time, but the most exact way is based on tab “Monetization” in YouTube Studio, which will show the watch hours you have in the last 12 months. Or, you can check that it is based on the “Analytics” tab in YouTube Studio.
How To Complete 4000 Watch Hours and 1000 Subscribers As Quickly As Possible?
Getting 4000 watch hours and 1000 new subscribers is a pretty easy job for an old and established channel.
YouTube is now filled with millions of channels that already published hundreds of videos covering the exact niche and stuff that your contents do. Regardless of how unique your contents are, or how awesome they look, it is obvious that they won’t be able to generate enough views and subscribers by themselves.
So you, a YouTuber, have to advertise your own work. Let them be shown up on top of YouTube’s search results and generate more views and subscribers for your channel.
So, the thing that you should ensure or focus on is the promotion
The more you promote your videos, the more exposure they receive. And that will increase your watch hours and subscribers number. So start promoting your videos today.
It will be tough and require a heck of a lot of time and manual efforts for sure, but it’s a surefire way to reach the milestone of 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours. So start promoting. Or, you can also outsource this “promotion” task to the Social Marketing Company, AudienceGain.
We have large networks and exchange groups where we do quick and mass promotions on behalf of our clients. So you can contact us and order one of their YouTube packages.
Our team will then keep promoting your channel and videos until you get the target number of views and subscribers. If you don’t want to do the promotion yourself, you can still get it done simply by investing a couple of your hard-earned bucks.
So either do it yourself or get it done on your behalf, but promotion is the only way you can get the first 4000 watch-hours and 1000 subscribers.
Note: Finding a trusted company that can help you SEO your YouTube channel in the long term is really important because it requires they must have experience with strategies to do it. It would take time to work by yourself, but we are confident to help you do that with our expert team.
The Best Way To Increase YouTube Watch Time on YouTube
Focus on content and quality of videos
The first important things are your video’s content and quality. You need to take care of trends in that niche, base on that, figure out what makes your videos more attractive and make them more special.
Think about the message you want to portray to your audience and plan wherein the video will include calls-to-action. It is important as you need people to want to do something after watching the video.
For example, you can call to action by saying something at the end of videos before saying goodbye. “Please like subscribers to my channel to receive a notification every new video.” “Watch my next videos.” etc.
An amazing thing happens when you ask people what they need and want, then you go and make it for them, they think you read their mind.
Consistently create content that solves your ideal customer’s problems or meets their needs. It is how to develop a loyal community of fans and get more views hours of watch time on YouTube.
Don’t forget to create compelling thumbnail images
A thumbnail is a video’s preview image. It is extremely important if you want to get more free YouTube views. When uploading a video, you can see YouTube auto-generated thumbnail images from the video’s scene. But don’t use them this way because most of them are not attractive to viewers.
Just create the attractive thumbnail by yourself. YouTube reports that 90% of the top-performing videos on this platform use their own thumbnails. In addition, when your potential viewers are in discovery mode—skimming through search results and recommendations—thumbnails are a major part of how they decide what to watch.
‘Standing out’ can be as simple as picking a bright color. Or making sure your giant hi-res face is making a weird expression in good lighting. But it’s possible that your niche is full of shrill, high-key visuals. So the best way your channel can stand out is by being the calm, minimalist voice of reason.
In general, try to include
1- Brightly colored backgrounds.
2- Close-ups of faces.
3- Text overlays.
4- Subtle brandings — like a small logo or watermark.
Okay, what about the technicalities? Your thumbnail should:
1- Use a 16:9 aspect ratio, as this is the most used aspect ratio in YouTube players
2- Have a resolution of 1280×720.
3- Have a file size of less than 2MB.
4- Be formatted as a. JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG.
Do your research, and improve your video’s search ranking
So, what can you do to improve your video’s search ranking on YouTube?
In other words, when your ideal viewer types in your chosen keywords, you want your video ranking near the top of YouTube’s results list. But, of course, that means you need to know what your audience is looking for—tutorials, inspiration, or entertainment.
Ranking in search results is the best way to get brand new eyes, not just subscribers and people who are already interested in your channel on your videos. That is why you might want to use a tool like Google Keyword Planner (note that you’ll need to set up a Google Ads account). It can help you:
- Find inspiration for your next video based on what people are already looking for. (i.e, take a look at search patterns and see what keywords have a lot of search queries but few videos, a.k.a. low competition.)
- Gather worldwide views. Every new video is uploaded by purchase. But you should find out a trusted company and avoid providers who provide bad views. YouTube will filter out fraudulent views and drop them. This action reduces your watch time no mater how long the view was. Moreover, YouTube can penalize your channel if they think you’re buying bad views.
- Take those relevant keywords and use them in your metadata (i.e., your video title, tags, description text, subtitles.)
- Target long-tail YouTube keywords can help you get people to watch your videos instead of your competitors. (For example, based on the suggestions for the term “content marketing,” you might create a video that focuses on “content marketing for beginners” and another on “content marketing ideas.”)
Drive Traffic By Using Social Media (Highly Recommend)
Cross-platform promotion, especially with YouTube, can work wonders in driving users to view it.
You can reach your audience base by promoting links to your videos or sharing trending videos related to your content. Hashtags can go with Facebook, Twitter, or Telegram.
After gathering a stable fanbase, you can upload a half duration of video on Social Media and set a link forward to your YouTube. Then, if people want to watch the full video, they will visit your channel.
How To Enable Monetization After The Channel Reached 4000 Watch Hours and 1000 Subscribers?
- Sign in to your YouTube channel, go to the “Creator Studio” and select the “Monetization” option.
- Press Apply in Monetization. If you have not selected the country location, YouTube will ask you to choose before registering for monetization. Please make sure you select the countries that included available features for YouTube monetization even YouTube doesn’t accept your country to make that account eligible.
- Read and tick comply with the YouTube Partner Program terms. Read more of YouTube’s Term and Policy.
- Sign up or log in for an AdSense account. (In this step, you need to set where exact your country is. YouTube will pay you monthly through Google Adsense account.)
- If your Google Adsense is new, it would be taken for a few hours.
- After that, wait for YouTube to verify that your channel is eligible to enable monetization within 2-30 days.
- Your content needs to comply with YouTube’s policy to enable monetization.
Tips: Apply for monetization at 6:00-8:00 AM, following USA’S TIME ZONE. It will have a chance to get reviewed within only 3 days.
Note: If you were previously monetizing, were removed from YouTube Partner Program, and have waited 30 days to re-apply, you should hear back in about one month.
Finally, contact AudienceGain’s expert to get the best effective plan for your YouTube channel. Let us make your dreams come true!
Anyone can join any social network like Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, etc. So there are many cases of fraud or impersonation through these social accounts....
What will content creators think about when mentioning the phrase AudienceGain? Is it the name of a company that only specializes in attracting audiences to...