What If I Couldn’t Get 4000 Watch Hours In The Previous 12 Months?
If you are a YouTuber who is towards monetizing from videos creator, you need to know that in order to be reviewed for monetization, your channel must have 1000 Subs & 4000 Watch Hours in the previous 12 months.
With the New Year having just passed, you might ask yourself ” Why Didn’t I Get 4000 Watch Hours In The Previous 12 Months? “. I can make sure 90% of people didn’t get 4000 watch hours in a year were lack of a tip that is PROMOTION. It sounds weird but there’s a lot of interesting things around this one.
YouTube’s Policy About 1000 Subscribers and 4000 Hours In The Previous 12 Months: Updated
According to the lastest YouTube’s policy, in order to be eligible to apply for the Partner Program (YPP), you must meet the following 4 main requirements:
- – Get 4000 Hours In 12 Months
- – You Have More Than 1000 Subscribers
- – The Videos Created That Meet YouTube Partner Program policies.
- – You Have A Google Adsense Account
In this post, we’ll be focusing primarily on requirement number one & two: Get 4000 Hours In The Previous 12 Month & You Have More Than 1000 Subscribers. Besides, the foremost thing is helping you answer the question of How To Complete 4000 Watch Hours & 1000 Subscribers As Quickly As Possible?
Just think in a simple way, YouTube doesn’t measure watch time years. Instead, YouTube measures watch hours your channel has within 365 days. In short, you need 4000 Watch Hours in the last 12 months till today’s date. Is it easy to understand, right?
For instance, let’s say today is Mar 8, 2020. YouTube will track the watch time from Mar 9, 2020, to Mar 9, 2021. So, the 4000 watch hours you got from Mar 9, 2020, to Mar 9, 2021, will be counted for monetization. On the other hand, if you couldn’t get enough hours until Mar 9, 2021 ( you got only 3990 Watch Hours of 4000 ), so that 3990 watch hours won’t be counted for monetization from Mar 10, 2021, and you have to do it again.
Base on this information, you can understand why getting 4000 Watch Hours and 1000 Subscribers in 12 Months are important. Actually, it doesn’t hard as you thought, 80% of old YouTubers are still earning watch from hours to hours pretty easy because they know using new tactics that YouTube is encouraging to develop their channels, not only making videos, upload and wait.
How To Track My YouTube Channel Watch Time?
There’re many ways that can help you check the watch time but the most exact way is based on tab ” Monetization ” in YouTube Studio, it will show the watch hours you have in the last 12 months. One more way, you can check that it is based on the “Analytics” tab in YouTube Studio.
How To Complete 4000 Watch Hours and 1000 Subscribers As Quickly As Possible?
Well, getting 4000 watch hours and 1000 new subscribers is a really easy job for an old and established channel.
Because YouTube is now filled with millions of channels that already published hundreds of videos covering the exact niche and stuff that your contents do. Regardless of how unique your contents are, or how awesome they look, it’s pretty much obvious that they won’t be able to generate enough views and subscribers by themselves. So you, brother, have to promote them to get some initial views and subscribers so they start showing up on top of YouTube’s search results and generate more views and subscribers for your channel.
So, the thing that you should ensure or focus on is PROMOTION.
The more you promote your videos, the more exposures they receive. And that, my dear friend, will increase your watch hours and subscribers number. So start promoting your videos today. It will be tough and require a heck of a lot of time and manual efforts for sure, but believe me, it’s a surefire way to reach the milestone of 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours. So start promoting. Or, you can also outsource this “promotion” task to my Social Marketing Company AGnet.
We have large networks and exchange groups where we do quick and mass promotions on behalf of our clients. So you can contact us and order for one of their YouTube packages. Our team will then keep promoting your channel and videos until the said number of views and subscribers being driven to your channel. If you don’t want to do the promotion yourself, you can still get it done simply by investing a couple of your hard-earned bucks. So either do it yourself or get it done on your behalf, but promotion is the only way you can get the firs 4000 watch-hours and 1000 subscribers.
Note: Finding a trusted company that can help you SEO your YouTube channel in the longterm is really important because it requires they must have experience with strategies to do it. It would take time to work by yourself but with our expert team, we are confident to help you do that.
The Best Way To Increase YouTube Watch Time on YouTube
1- Focus on content and quality of videos
The first important things are your video’s content, quality, you need to take care of trend in that niche, base on that, figure out what makes your videos more attract and make it more special.
Think about the messaging you want to portray to your audience and plan wherein the video you will include calls-to-action. This is important as you need people to want to do something after watching the video.
For example, you can call to action by saying something at the end of videos before you say goodbye like ” Please like, subscribers my channel to receive a notification every new video.” ” Watch my next videos”….etc.
An amazing thing happens when you ask people what they need and want, and then you go and make it for them, they think you read their mind. Consistently create content that solves your ideal customer’s problems or meets their needs. It’s the way to develop a loyal community of fans and get more views hours of watch time on YouTube.
2- Don’t forget to create compelling thumbnail images
A thumbnail is a video’s preview image. This little image is extremely important if you want to get more free YouTube views. When you upload a video. you can see YouTube auto-generated thumbnail images from video’s scene but don’t use this way because most of them are not attractive to viewers.
Just create the attractive thumbnail by yourself, YouTube reports that 90 percent of the top-performing videos on YouTube use them — and for good reason.
When your potential viewers are in discovery mode—skimming through search results and recommendations—thumbnails are a major part of how they decide what to watch.
‘Standing out’ can be as simple as picking a bright color. Or making sure your giant hi-res face is making a weird expression in good lighting. But it’s just as likely that your niche is full of shrill, high-key visuals, and the best way your channel can stand out is by being the calm, minimalist voice of reason.
In general, try to include
1- Brightly colored backgrounds
2- Close-ups of faces
3- Text overlays
4- Subtle branding — like a small logo or watermark
Okay, what about the technicalities? Your thumbnail should:
1- Use a 16:9 aspect ratio, as this is the most used aspect ratio in YouTube players
2- Have a resolution of 1280×720
3- Have a file-size of less than 2MB
4- Be formatted as a. JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG
3- Do your research, and improve your video’s search ranking
So, what can you do to improve your video’s search ranking on YouTube?
In other words, when your ideal viewer types in your chosen keywords, you want your video ranking near the top of YouTube’s results list.
That means you need to know what your audience is looking for—tutorials, inspiration, or entertainment.
Ranking in search results is the best way to get brand new eyes—not just subscribers and people who are already interested in your channel on your videos.
Research. You’re going to want to use a tool like Google Keyword Planner (note that you’ll need to set up a Google Ads account) to do two things:
- Find inspiration for your next video based on what people are already looking for (I.e: take a look at search patterns and see what keywords have a lot of search queries, but few videos, a.k.a. low competition.)
- Gather Worldwide Views every new video is uploaded by purchase but carefully figure out a trusted company and avoid providers who provide bad views because YouTube will filter out fraudulent views and drop them, decreasing your watch time by however long the view was, and can even penalize your channel if they think you’re buying bad views.
- Take those relevant keywords and use them in your metadata (i.e., your video title, tags, description text, subtitles.)
- Targeting long-tail YouTube keywords can help you get people to watch your videos instead of your competitors‘. ( For example, based on the suggestions for the term “content marketing,” you might create a video that focuses on “content marketing for beginners” and another on “content marketing ideas.”)
How To Enable Monetization After The Channel Reached 4000 Watch Hours and 1000 Subscribers?
- Sign in to your YouTube channel, go to “Creator Studio” and select the “Monetization” option.
- Press Apply in Monetization, if you have not selected country location then Youtube will ask you to choose before registering for monetization. Please make sure you choose the countries that included available features for YouTube monetization even YouTube doesn’t accept your country to make that account eligible.
- Read and tick comply with the YouTube Partner Program terms. Read more of YouTube’s Term and Policy.
- Sign up or log in for an AdSense account. ( In this step, you need to set where exact your country is, YouTube will pay you monthly through Google Adsense account. )
- If your Google Adsense is new, it would be taken for a few hours.
- After that, wait for YouTube to verify that your channel is eligible to enable monetization within 2-30 days.
- Your content needs to comply with YouTube’s policy to enable monetization.
Tips: Just apply for monetization at 6:00-8:00 AM follow USA’S TIME ZONE, it will have a chance to get reviewed within only 3 days.
Note: If you were previously monetizing, were removed from Youtube Partner Program, and have waited 30 days to re-apply, you should hear back in about one month.
Hope this helps