Here’re the detailed steps to apply for monetization after reaching the threshold.
- Sign in to your YouTube channel, go to “Creator Studio” and then select the “Monetization” option.
- Click on “Apply” in Monetization, and if you have not selected your country location Youtube will ask you to choose it before allowing you to register for monetization. Please make sure you choose a country that is eligible for YouTube monetization. Please note that YouTube monetization isn’t available in all countries.
- Read and agree to the YouTube Partner Program terms. Read more here YouTube’s Term and Policy.
- Sign up for or log in to your AdSense account. (YouTube will pay you monthly through your Google Adsense account.)
- If your Google Adsense account is new it will take a few hours for approval.
- After that, wait for YouTube to verify that your channel is eligible for monetization. This can take anywhere from 2 to 30 days.
- Your content needs to comply with YouTube’s policy to enable monetization.
Tip: Apply for monetization between 6:00 and 8:00 AM following USA’S EST TIME ZONE. This speeds up the review process and you will typically receive a response within 3 days.