Step By Step On How To Go LIVE On TikTok 2021
TikTok is the fastest-growing social networking platform today. With new features that allow users to create and edit right on the app, TikTok has attracted many users. Not just stopping at pre-recorded, edited videos, recently, TikTok has launched a live feature that allows users to interact directly with their followers. To use this feature, you need to do a few simple steps. However, this is still a new feature, so we will show you how to go live on TikTok in 2021.
However, TikTok still has some restrictions on live streaming to ensure a general rule of thumb. So in this article, we will also show you how to overcome those limitations.
How To Go LIVE On TikTok
There is a solution for you if you are too bored with videos with complicated staging or tired of editing. Live on Tik Tok is a new feature that TikTok recently launched. With this feature, you can interact and answer questions directly to increase your brand awareness.
Step 1: Start the app
It may be superfluous, but we still have to reiterate that you need a Tik Tok app on your phone. You will not be able to use the web or an intermediary application to live on TikTok because it is platform-independent.
Then you need a clear account. Indeed not an application that allows anonymous people to use their social networks. So you need an account with a clear identity.
So, in short, how many followers on TikTok to go live? To authenticate, TikTok requires you to ensure a certain number of followers, at least 1000 followers, to use the live feature. So prepare your content and build your channel before you start going live.
If you have ensured the above 2 factors, check the last step: is your TikTok version the latest version? To be sure, update your TikTok again to make sure it’s fully featured. If you use the old version, it is most likely the version that does not have the live feature.
Step 2: Access the live feature
The interface of TikTok is quite simple so that you can do everything right on the homepage. At the bottom of the TikTok interface, there are 5 symbols, respectively, a house, a magnifying glass, a plus sign, a mailbox, and a profile. Please perform the following steps to open the live feature:
- Click the plus sign in the middle to choose a new post form.
- When pressing the plus sign, the screen will switch to the new video creation mode.
- Under the red record button, you can see the appearance options like camera, templates,… Keep scrolling down until you see the “live” button. Usually, the live feature will be in last place.
- When switching to this mode, TikTok will notify you how many followers you are active. These numbers can determine the success of live-streaming. The more involved people, the more likely they are to watch your live stream.
- If you decide to go live now, confirm by clicking the red “go live” button that appears on the screen.
Step 3: Set options for LIVE
This step is crucial for viewers to visualize the topic you are live streaming easily.
To put it simply, maybe users will come to your life at a moment when you are in the middle of talking, and most of them will not and skip to the following video.
Therefore, the following actions are essential to keep viewers with you.
Prepare a good title for your live
Usually, people will name this as the topic they will talk about in life. If you are a teacher, it can be live teaching a particular lesson or correcting exam questions. Some experts can live and answer questions about their field. You can also live to confide or chat about everyday things.
Choose a central theme of the LIVE
Choosing this appropriate topic will help TikTok’s algorithm expose your life to people who are also interested in that topic. When your live stream reaches the right people, they will also find it helpful, and you also have more viewers, even more followers.
Select other features on the right side of the screen
You can choose to add a filter to make your face smoother or add a background to cover up a cluttered room. In the settings, you can also enable direct gifting so you can earn money. In addition, you can also restrict some comments if they contain sensitive words.
Step 4: Add live participants
TikTok is a social network that can connect people like Facebook, Instagram. What’s different is that Tik Tok connects people through videos. Even if two people are not close to each other, they can appear on the same live show using the joint live feature.
This shared live feature sounds complicated, but we will show you how to go live with someone on TikTok 2021:
- After going live, your screen will start to interact and welcome viewers in. To invite more people to join the Livestream, click on the icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After clicking, the screen will appear to invite more participants directly. There will also be two options: Designate the direct person as a co-host or just a guest. If you designate them as the host, they will have the power to add or remove people in the Livestream. Conversely, in case you select them as a guest, they can only direct but not add people.
- When you turn on the feature to allow live streaming, viewers can also send you a request to join the live stream.
Above is the complete process of setting up live with someone on TikTok. Now you need to wait for someone to press the request to join, then you can agree and permit them to appear in the same frame with you.
How To Go LIVE On TikTok Without 1000 Followers
If you follow the steps above and get stuck in step 2 because you don’t see the live symbol, your account has not met the criteria.
Accordingly, TikTok has some limitations for the live feature:
- You must be 16 years old and above to be able to live and must be 18 years old to enable gift-giving for your life;
- You must have over 1000 followers to use the live feature;
- You can’t save your live stream after it’s over, so viewers can’t watch it again.
However, there is still a way for you to use the live feature even if you have not reached the specified number of followers. Let’s follow the following steps to know how to go live on TikTok without 1000 followers.
- Go to your profile page (last button in the series of 5 icons on the homepage)
- Click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner
- Scroll down and find the crash report section
- Here, TikTok will show problems, and you should click on the option to report an issue for live. And you could say right here hosting live videos
- You could select “I can start a live” and tell them you can’t start a live video.
- You can then enter your feedback on this page and say I can’t go live and the TikTok team can help.
- Finally, click send a report and wait for a response from TikTok for your case.
One Tip On How To Go Live On TikTok On PC
Some people have lousy phone camera quality, and they may be struggling to find the right solution.
And one of the common questions is how to go live on Tik Tok on pc to improve picture quality.
There will be no live TikTok application on pc for you to live. Therefore, you will have to install an additional support tool, Streamlabs OBS. After installation, please connect and follow the instructions of the machine to be able to go live on Tik Tok on pc.
Hope this detailed instruction can help you go live on TikTok.
While there may be different ways on how to live on TikTok in an unorthodox way, please try to adhere to the platform’s policy towards sustainability.
Of course, reaching 1000 followers is not difficult and you can completely do it in just one day. When your video content is attractive enough and helps many people, your channel will not be difficult to reach this threshold.
For more information, please contact us via:
Hotline/WhatsApp: (+84)70 444 6666
Skype: [email protected]
Becoming the most popular application globally, TikTok is a place that allows users to unleash their creativity and pursue their passions and a huge potential...