How to join TikTok Creator Fund in 2021
If you are a TikTok user and want to earn some money via this platform, you need to join TikTok Creator Fund to have a legit way for monetization.
Benefits when you are a part of TikTok Creator Fund
In July 2020, TikTok made one pledge that stated that they would give 200 million dollars to their creators. That is when the TikTok Creator Fund was established. Recently, TikTok has revealed a commitment to payout one billion dollars over the next three years to their creators.
Monetize on TikTok and on YouTube
Monetizing TikTok by joining TikTok Creator Fund is not tricky. On the contrary, it is substantially easier than YouTube. The barrier on YouTube is 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time. That can take months or over a year to hit that threshold. However, on TikTok, one viral video can gain many people watching, and you can get paid from the Creator Fund.
How to join TikTok Creator Fund?
There is no definitive formula on how that one billion dollar is distributed to creators. But the opportunities of TikToker are always open. Here are four factors that affect your benefits of TikTok payments:
- Views: If you are getting more views, you will get more money. That is when you can keep more people on this platform and even keep them stay longer.
- Engagement rate: If you produce high-quality videos and getting high quality engaged users, TikTok will highly appreciate your efforts
- Location of viewers: Obviously, TikTok can earn more money by showing ads to people in the US showing ads to other countries. Because in the US, people are spending a lot of money when clicking on many ads. It is opposed to other countries that may not be as wealthy; they cannot make as much money on those ads. It is undeniable that creators can make more money if they have a large number of US audiences.
- Niche: It also matters because niche can determine the quality of users that you are bringing to the TikTok platform. For example, if you are making dance videos, that will probably be a lower payoff because it’s such a popular topic, and almost anyone can create one. But if you make finance videos, these clips can bring more high-quality users to this platform. TikTok is going to reward you in the form of higher payments.
The four elements above can point out the right direction for you to monetize on TikTok in the long term. You can get higher payouts over time, even though there is no necessarily clear-cut formula for calculating what number will be paid.
How can you join TikTok Creator Fund?
Meet all the requirements
Tiktok Creator Fund has some particular thresholds to consider if you want to be a part of this program.
#Types of Account
First of all, creators must use the Pro or Creator account. It is not the only way to help TikTok manage its community of creators but also provides you with active support for your video recording work.
Unfortunately, for the time being, this program is not an open gate for everyone since its limited resources. However, if you are in the US, the UK, Spain, Germany, Italy, and France, you can join TikTok Creator Fund.
Moreover, the program also plans to expand its reach to other countries in Asia because the number of TikTok users is increasing. So the opportunity to officially join TikTok Creator Fund worldwide will be soon to approach.
You have to be 18 years old and above. So if you are only 15 or 16, you are not allowed to join this monetization program.
Your channel needs to acquire 100,000 followers. This number will be the condition on which TikTok evaluates your efforts in engagement rate.
Also, you must have over 100,000 video views in the last 30 days. It is proof of the quality of the content you can bring to the platform.
TikTok community guidelines
After meeting the above criteria, you should go over these terms and conditions of TikTok to avoid violating any rules on TikTok. For example, you need to be compliant with the kinds of videos that TikTok wants on their platform, update the Pro Account or Creator Account to change what type of account you have, etc. Thereby, you can develop an ongoing campaign for your channel.
Two ways to submit your application to join TikTok Creator Fund
#Receive notifications from TikTok
The first method is TikTok is going to reach out to you, sending you a notification in your notification stream. They actively invite you to participate in the Creator Fund program.
- Go to the Notifications stream.
- Select All activity.
- Go to From TikTok.
- Click on This week or Previous updates.
- Find the message saying that Turn your creativity into opportunity, and click on it. It will open a page that lets you know if you are eligible or not for the actual Creator Fund program.
- Click the Apply tab when you see all the green marks, which means you have met all the requirements.
- Then you will answer the question about your age, your currency from the country that you have registered, the linked valid payment method, the agreement, etc.
- Finally, you can enter the Creator Fund Dashboard and plan up your monetization strategy.
A note to remember is it must take several days to see the money reflected in your Dashboard. TikTok has made it very clear in its Creator Fund Agreement that you will receive this money usually at the end of 30 days.
#Pro account settings
Another way to join TikTok Creator Fund is you can send the message by yourself.
- Go to your Profile.
- Click the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Go to the Pro account.
- Click TikTok Creator Fund, and it takes you to the Creator Fund Dashboard.
What if you meet all the requirements but still haven’t got the invitation?
TikTok has made it clear in the articles that it has put forward on the Creator Fund Program. It is stated to drive creators to introduce more originality onto the platform. TikTok means that it is all about original visuals and audio.
The current content strategy utilizes a trending song or sound in every single video, which is not a bad thing if you are achieving to go viral. But when it comes to participating in the Creator Fund, unfortunately, you will make little from that kind of content. Tiktok does not highly reward the creators who duplicate one idea repeatedly and will not grant you the right to join if your content has not improved yet.
The other problems you can encounter when joining TikTok Creator Fund are your age or community violation. Besides the most significant issue about content creation, those problems can be fixed quickly when you understand TikTok’s rules and practice more carefully.
So give priority to creating unique video content for yourself. You can get it via this article: https://audiencegain.net/tiktok-video-ideas/
Any drawbacks when you join TikTok Creator Fund?
If you do decide to apply to this program, there are two concerns that you should know.
First, your views tend to decrease because your videos will not be pushed as much. When they join the program, many creators feel that their video views are reduced significantly in some cases. About this situation, TikTok did come out and made it clear. Joining this program has no impact on how many videos are pushed, how many views you get, etc. And they also say that the For You page algorithm does not even know if people have the Creator Fund turned on or off.
Secondly, the Creator Fund now has many creators, which may affect the ability to profit from views. This concern is entirely unfounded. As mentioned initially, TikTok has raised the fund to 1 billion dollars and plans to expand this project. With the current potential for growth, the fund will be able to increase much more. Therefore, the fear that the profits from the TikTok Creator Fund will decrease will be refuted entirely.
Join TikTok Creator Fund is one profitable way to start getting paid on this platform.
But there are still many ways to make money on TikTok; you can use this platform to promote your brand or enhance the productivity of your own business. If you want to discover more about making money legally on TikTok, do not hesitate to visit AudienceGain. We offer multiple types of trustworthy service, together with valuable advice from committed supporters. So sign up at our website to create a legitimate monetized TikTok channel!
What will content creators think about when mentioning the phrase AudienceGain? Is it the name of a company that only specializes in attracting audiences to...