A guideline from A to Z to make money on Youtube
You’ve probably heard many stories about underrated people making money on YouTube and thought “I can do it too!”. While making thousands of US dollars may seem far-fetched, you can start monetizing from your channel quickly by a huge following fanbase.
Follow the instructions in this article to enable monetization for your videos and earn revenue from YouTube advertising.
#1 Create and build a YouTube channel
Youtube platform is where you can showcase your video-editing skill as well as your impressive ideas. So, each Google account has a Youtube channel available. Besides, creating a Google account allows you to use other Google products like Gmail and Drive.
- Create an account or use an existing one. Next, add keywords so the users can find your channel. You can add keywords by visiting the Advanced section in Channel Settings. Make sure your keywords are relevant to your content.
- Username will help with the channel’s visibility but can also be detrimental. If it’s a short, unique and memorable name, it will be easier for your audiences to remember it. If you use an existing account, you can change the username by editing it on your Google+ account. Note that you can only change your username up to 3 times before having to wait another period of 90 days to change it back.
#2 Create content
You should upload high-quality content videos with a reasonable amount of time. In addition, you also need to set up a regular and consistent plan of video-posting.
- Be patient even if your original content isn’t very well-made. Practice makes perfect. Try to improve the quality through each video. You will gain more lessons and experience along the way.
- Improve the quality of your content by making use of a high-end digital camera or trying out more effective post-production software and techniques. Besides, you can improve how you film. Use a tripod, ask a friend for help, or add more lighting to the frame. All of these factors create better quality products, helping you to attract a large number of audience. If you don’t want to buy a LED ring light bulb, you can shoot by a sunny window or outdoors.
- By posting content regularly, you can maintain your subscribers. Viewers often subscribe when you post content on a fixed schedule and stick to this habit.
- Remember to tag your video with content keywords along with a compelling description.
#3 Draw viewers attention
Number of viewers is the key to enhance your channel development. Furthermore, you need people to see ads to widen your income. There is no special secret for attracting followers, you just need to create the best content and eventually they will come to you.
- First off, there will be people who don’t like what you create, but you’d better ignore them. Have confidence in yourself and don’t let any negative feedback affect you.
- Continue posting content and try to engage viewers. Share them on Twitter, Facebook. Make your video accessible to more people on the Internet so the followers can also become your partners.
- On top of that, interact with your viewers by replying to comments and occasionally making videos specifically for responding to viewer’s concerns and questions.. A simple way to do this is to show appreciation to your followers and to connect with the content-creating community.
#4 Monetize your videos
To make money on Youtube, you’ll need to turn on the monetization mode (join Youtube Partner Program). That means you allow YouTube to insert advertisements into your videos. In addition, you also need to commit that there is no copyright infringement in your video.
- Go to www.youtube.com and click “My Channel” on this page.
- Click the “Video Manager” link at the top of the page.
- Click on the channel and turn on monetization.
Expert share: “I make money on YouTube through private lessons – this is my main source of income. I also get a current job at school because they see my great performance on YouTube and I have the ability to teach. You can also make money in other useful ways, like through advertising revenue or sponsorship.” – Timothy Linetsky (music producer and educator)
#5 Meet the requirements
- You can enable video monetization before posting by clicking on the Monetization tab and checking the “Monetize with Ads” box.
- To enable monetization for posted videos, you will have to open Video Manager and click the “$” icon next to the video you want to monetize. Check the box “Monetize with Ads“.
#6 Link channel to Google AdSense
- You can install Google AdSense for free at the AdSense site. Click the Sign Up Now button to begin creating an account. Also, you must be at least 18 years old to be permitted to create it. If you are underage, ask an adult for help.
- Moreover, you need a PayPal account or a bank account and a billing address, along with other necessary information. By this way, AdSense can verify your identity and the payee.
- You only get money for each ad click and a smaller amount per view, but this amount will increase over time. Therefore, having a large audience is very important.
#7 See data analysis
After you have posted some videos and start to monetize from your channel, you are able to watch the Youtube analytics section for relevant information. Click Analytics in the channel’s menu. Here, you can see estimated earnings, ad impressions, views, audience retention rate and so on.
Use these tools to see how much viewers love your content. You can change the content or form of promotion if you feel it has not attracted the desired audience.
#8 Promote your videos on other platforms
Don’t just post videos on YouTube! Make a blog, a website, a podcast, or post a video on another video site or social networking sites. Videos will get as many views as possible. By sharing a link or embedding a video on the internet, you will get more attention.
#9 Become a YouTube partner
YouTube partners are members who have enabled video monetization and have a large number of subscribers. Partners have access to a variety of content creation tools and may receive awards from the views they have.
Additionally, the partner also receives a lot of support and advice from the community. You can sign up as a partner on the YouTube Partner page at any time.
Our verdict on how to make money on Youtube
- Try to create high quality videos.
- Create content based on what’s trending and viral on the Internet.
- Remember to use tags when you post a video.
- Do not copy other people’s content.
- Create consistency for your channel, try to avoid negative words and respect the YouTube community.
- Post content regularly.
- Game and comedy are popular genres.
- Create featured music for the video intro.
- Share your videos on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Use keywords so that others can easily search your videos
- Create social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and promote yourself
- Interact with your audience with a confident and enthusiastic attitude.
Warning on how to make money on Youtube
- Partnering with YouTube does not immediately and is the only way to help many people monetize from their content. Don’t be in a hurry to plan your work-free life unless you have huge success.
- The average income for each one thousand views is from 0.25 to 4 USD .
- Copyrighted content infringement like images, videos, short movies, etc. can cause your video to be deleted and your account suspended. If you are caught violated the copyright terms without the permission of the owner, your account will lose monetization. Also, make sure to distinguish between fair use and piracy.
- Monetization depends on many factors, including audience retention, channel genre, viewer engagement and the number of watch hours.
Want to explore more about Youtube monetization?
So to say, AudienceGain is a Social Media Marketing company which dedicates to support content creators to develop and promote their videos, brands and products across social platforms, especially Facebook and Youtube.
Leave a comment right at the section below or contact our support team for more details.
What will content creators think about when mentioning the phrase AudienceGain? Is it the name of a company that only specializes in attracting audiences to...